Search This Blog

Thursday 8 April 2010

Just Magnolia Strawberries

I have fulfilled a dream this week - I bought a paper making kit, something I've been meaning to do since I first made paper at primary school!! I made this Kraft coloured one out of a "McDonalds' paper bag". I then went through all my scrap card including my bins LOL and sorted the bits out according to colour. Using pinks and reds I made this gorgeous rose red colour paper. I love the bumpiness and the fact that some of the darker red bits show up. I then made a blue paper with silver foil bits in and finally used white card scraps and added some petals from my red Camellia flowers. I used some of the kraft colour on this Magnolia card.

The challenge at Just Magnolia this week was to make a card with at least two folds. Now I was going to be really over the top and make a never-ending card but they take sooooo long to decorate. So I went for this joy fold card instead, and went for a strawberry theme.

INGREDIENTS

Stamps: Magnolia Chef Tilda , Magnolia Lace Jar, Magnolia Rolling Pin, Magnolia Vintage Dinner Plate, Magnolia greeting
Cardstock: SU Real Red, SU Kraft, SU Whisper White and my own handmade!!
DSP: Magnolia strawberries
Ink: SU Real Red, SU Creamy Caramel, SU Close to Cocoa, SU Garden Green
Misc: padded strawberry
Tools: SU punches, SU Papersnips, Tombow, SU Dimensionals, SU Glue Dots

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! love all the strawberries, it is so beautiful! thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia, hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking at my blog. It is so encouraging to receive lovely comments! Happy crafting!! Sally x

Facebook Badge