Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 June 2010

Whimsical Wings

I recently got the Whimsical Wings Hostess Set from Stampin' Up for our card group and decided to make some cards with it, particularly with the challenge (which I notice I've missed the deadline for again!!) at Just Scraps in mind which was "Butterflies, Flowers and Birds. I think I have covered all the requirements with this little lot! I came up with various ideas and on this first one I thought "Who says the ribbon has to be horizontal or vertical?" So I stepped out of the box and and laid it diagonally! I think it looks great!




This watering can charm matched this above card 's colour scheme perfectly!


And these butterflies which I got free with a magazine at least a year ago... matched this card beautifully! By the way, I have used a scrap of wallpaper as my grass on this card!!

SOME OF THE INGREDIENTS
Stamps: Stampin' Up Whimsical Wings and Whimsical Words
Cardstock & Ink: Stampin Up Pink Passion, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Taken with Teal
DSP: SU Sweet Pea Stack
Embellishments: SU Ribbons and brads
Tools: SU punches, SU Piercing tool and mat, SU Papersnips, Tombow, SU Dimensionals, SU Glue Dots

1 comment:

  1. It's gorgeous Sally - late or not! :) I totally relate to late these days - last day of work before summer holidays is tomorrow. I have soooo many plans. First on the list is to sleep in Saturday morning! Love how you use the different inks. That for me would be a challenge - hope I can participate in some myself over the next few weeks. Enjoy your Friday and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking at my blog. It is so encouraging to receive lovely comments! Happy crafting!! Sally x

Facebook Badge