Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 January 2010

Soft Summer Swirls


I wanted to use up this odd bit of turquoise card, so I teamed it up with Night of Navy and Always Artichoke from Stampin Up. I decide to embellish with buttons for a change instead of my usual brads!

INGREDIENTS
CARDSTOCK: Papermania turquoise, Stampin' Up Night of Navy, my own white
STAMPS: Flowers=Stampin' Up "Soft Summer", Greeting="Oval All", Swirl="Carte Postale", Background="En Francaise"
INKS: Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Bordering Blue, Always Artichoke
OTHER: Stampin' Up Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon, Stampin' Up Night of Navy Marvellous Marker, Stampin' Up Bordering Blue Watercolour Wonder Crayon, navy/artichoke buttons and thread, Woodware swirl punch, Woodware 2 1/2" Plain circle punch, Woodware 3" Scallop circle punch, Turquoise Stickles

TECHNIQUE
I stamped the background at the bottom with the En Francais stamp and the swirl from Carte Postale using the Always Artichoke inkpad. The flowers I stamped by spraying the stamp with water and then colouring directly onto the stamp with Stampin Up Watercolour Wonder Crayons in Bordering Blue, which gives a smudge effect. I then inked up the line detailed stamp of this set with the Night of Navy Marvellous Marker. I stamped these out twice and cut the best lot out, adding them on top of the main image, which was punched out with Woodware 2 1/2" Plain circle punch and Woodware 3" Scallop circle punch, with Stampin Up dimensionals. I then added Stickles glitter glue in Turquoise to the flower centres and the greeting. The greeting Best Wishes was stamped with Night of Navy and punched out with Stampin Oval punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my blog. It is so encouraging to receive lovely comments! Happy crafting!! Sally x

Facebook Badge