Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 January 2010

RUSTY DUSK

I am always stuck for ideas for male cards. Trees and shrubs seem to work rather than flowers. Normally I would not add ribbon to a man's card, however, i made an exception on this one, as it went so well and seemed a little more manly!!

INGREDIENTS
CARDSTOCK: Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Really Rust and my own white
STAMPS: Stampin' Up "Autumn Days" and "Lovely as a Tree"
INKS: Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Really Rust, Always Artichoke, So Saffron
OTHER: Random rust ribbon, artichoke colour button and thread

TECHNIQUE
I watercolured the background of the main image using an aqua painter and Stampin Up's Watercolour wonder crayons in Night of Navy and Always Artichoke. I used sponge daubers and ink in So Saffron for the sun. I colured directly onto the pine cone stamp with Stampin Up Marvellous Markers, which I have to say they really are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my blog. It is so encouraging to receive lovely comments! Happy crafting!! Sally x

Facebook Badge